JTC 1 SWG on
Accessibility Base Documents
The Inventory of Accessibility and Accessibility-related Standards and Specifications is now available on the ISO Online Browsing Platform (OBP). Enter "inventory of accessibility" in the search field.
2009: Publication of Base Documents as Three-Part Technical Report
Per Resolution 29 from the November 2009 JTC 1 Nara Plenary, ITTF agreed to make ISO/IEC TR 29138 Parts 1-3 available at no cost as the previously established ISO and IEC criteria (JTC 1 N 7269) for public availability had been met:
• ISO/IEC TR 29138-1:2009, Information technology -- Accessibility considerations for people with disabilities -- Part 1: User needs summary
• ISO/IEC TR 29138-2:2009, Information technology -- Accessibility considerations for people with disabilities -- Part 2: Standards inventory
• ISO/IEC TR 29138-3:2009, Information technology -- Accessibility considerations for people with disabilities -- Part 3: Guidance on user needs mapping
At the September 2011 JTC 1 SWG on Accessibility meeting in Paris, the following recommendation from the 30 August - 2 September 2011 meeting of the JTC 1 SWG on Directives (SWG-A N 467) was reviewed in detail:
The SWG-Directives notes that ISO Central Secretariat has agreed to publish updated versions of SWG-Accessibility documents (TR 29138-1, TR 29138-2, TR 29138-3) as ISO/IEC JTC 1 Publications with no ISO/IEC number designation. These documents will be made available at no cost. Based on this information, the SWG-Accessibility is invited to provide an initial report to the 2011 JTC 1 Plenary on:
- how the three existing publications will be transitioned from technical reports to ISO publications;
- how these publications will be maintained by the SWG-Accessibility; and
- how any future works may be initiated, undertaken and approved.
2013: Publication of Inventory of
Accessibility and Accessibility-related Standards and